The Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program annually awards over $200,000 to college-bound students globally, based on their essays expressing academic and professional goals.
- Scholarships are awarded based on 550-word essays detailing applicants' goals and experiences.
- Open to all U.S. college-bound students, not restricted to Mensa members.
- Mensa members and their dependents are eligible for specific $2,500 scholarships.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program at an accredited U.S. institution following the application date.
- Submission of an essay explaining career, academic, and/or vocational goals is required.
- Submit an application with a 550-word essay by January 15.
- Essays undergo local, regional, and national judging based on content, grammar, organization, and craftsmanship.
- Winners are selected starting with the highest dollar amounts based on judges' scores and are certified by the Mensa Foundation Board of Trustees.
The Mensa Foundation Scholarship provides a valuable opportunity for students to articulate their future goals and receive financial assistance for their education. Winners receive funds after submitting proof of registration and citizenship, supporting them in their academic journey.