The ADVANCE Scholarship Program focuses on diversity and inclusion to support our country’s future leaders in reaching their educational and career goals. Our comprehensive program combines financial support, mentoring and on-site programming to pave the path for the next generation. By o?ering expanded opportunities to diverse candidates and their allies, we live out our values and our vision of building a future where every ambition is within reach.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria
• Diverse candidates which include students who identify as African American, Asian, Hispanic, LGBT, Native American, People with Disabilities, Veterans, Women, and their allies – those who demonstrate support for diversity and inclusion practices
• Current postsecondary undergraduate sophomores (i.e., 24-59 credits earned OR anticipated graduation of an undergraduate bachelor’s program by May 2022 – July 2022) majoring in business, technology, liberal arts, or a related field of study
• Interest in exploring a career in financial services or business, finance, marketing, or a related field
• Enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2019-20 academic year
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
• Have relevant leadership roles in school or community organizations
• Demonstration of commitment to diversity and inclusion or demonstration of Synchrony Values – Honest, Passionate, Caring, Responsible, Bold, Driven
Up to eight (8) awards of $5,000 each will be granted. Awards are one-time only. Past recipients may not reapply. Awards are for undergraduate study only. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, books, lab fees, or other related educational expenses.
Additional offerings include:
• Mentorship program facilitated by Synchrony Diversity and Inclusion Leadership
• Opportunity to attend Global Diversity Symposium, an annual gathering celebrating Diversity and Inclusion, held in Washington, D.C. in July
• Opportunity, though not guaranteed, to interview for a Synchrony BLP Internship
Scholarship finalists will be selected based upon the following criteria:
• Consideration of academic performance
• Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, including volunteer experience
• Work experience
• Unusual personal or family circumstances
• Outside appraisal
• One written statement on: Demonstration of commitment to diversity and inclusion or demonstration of Synchrony • Values: Honest, Passionate, Caring, Responsible, Bold, Driven
• Financial need will be considered. Recipients must demonstrate need.