The Col. Robert P. Moore Scholarship offers two different opportunities to help deserving students with the support and incentive needed to continue their study.
- Offers support for acquiring initial FAA aircraft pilot certificates
- Applicable to various pilot certificate levels: private, sport, recreation
- Available for any category of aircraft: airplane, rotorcraft, glider, or LTA
- Separate opportunity for FAA Commercial Pilots (or ATPs) pursuing CFI certification
- For Initial Pilot Training: Must hold an FAA-Student Pilot Certificate
- For CFI Certification: Open to FAA Commercial Pilots (or ATPs)
- Applicants must have completed required written test(s) for CFI certification
- Drone pilot category certification is not eligible
- Provide a copy of FAA-Student Pilot Certificate for Initial Pilot Training
- Submit the application along with required test completion certificate(s) for CFI Certification
- Scholarship recipients have one year to complete flight goals
- Funds are distributed directly to the training provider, college, or university
Please Note: Scholarship recipients have up to one year to complete stated flight goals after notice of award. After completing the flight objectives, scholarship recipient must submit a letter to the Scholarship Committee outlining the results of their scholarship award. Scholarship funds are distributed to the training provider and/or student. If the student is enrolled in a collegiate program, the funds are sent directly to the college or university for the student’s account. For a FAA FAR 61 or 141 Flight School, funds are provided after student completes training, and the school attests to the achievement of certain benchmarks (usually solo or after 15-20 hours). Additional details will be provided to scholarship awardees. Dollar amounts for this scholarship will vary.