Genome Scholars will receive $25,000 for one year of support. Support will be provided for the first-year of graduate school in genomics/bioinformatics. In addition, SACNAS will support Genome Scholars to attend the 2007 SACNAS National Conference and one additional genomics/bioinformatics conference.
All applicants must meet the following requirements :
• Hold current SACNAS membership (or become a new SACNAS member)
• Intend to or currently pursuing graduate education in Genomics (In genomics we include: ethical, legal, and/or social implications of genomic research; computational biology as it relates to genomics, bioengineering as it relates to genomics)
• Be U.S. citizen or permenant resident of the U.S.
All applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
• Graduating senior or baccalaureate that has applied to or has been accepted to a graduate program leading to a degree with an emphasis in genomics
• Currently enrolled in a graduate program with an emphasis in genomics
• Completing an MS degree and applying to a Ph. D. program in a Genomic field