First General Bank is dedicated to empowering local youth through higher education. We offer 4 scholarships worth $2,000 each to high school seniors pursuing full-time, degree-seeking programs in the fall. To qualify, applicants must have a household income at or below the Low or Moderate Income Level.
- Number of Scholarships: 4
- Amount: $2,000 each
- Applicable to U.S. Accredited 4-Year Colleges/Universities or California Community Colleges
- Open to All Majors
- Reside in Los Angeles County or Orange County, California
- Plan to attend a U.S. Accredited 4-Year College/University or California Community College in Fall 2024
- Minimum cumulative unweighted college GPA of 3.0
- Household income at or below the Moderate-Income Level (Verification through 2022 or 2023 tax return)
- No Ethnicity Requirement
- Employees of First General Bank and their immediate family members are NOT eligible
- Complete the scholarship application.
- Submit your college acceptance letter (if selected).
- Provide proof of meeting the income eligibility criteria.
Applicant must plan to attend a U.S. Accredited 4-Year College/University or a Community College in California as a 1st year student in the Fall (if selected, must submit college acceptance letter for verification). Applicants must have a minimum cumulative unweighted college GPA of 3.0 and a household income at or below the Moderate-Income Level (Must be able to show tax return should applicant be selected for award.) The scholarship is open to all majors and there is no ethnicity requirement. Employees of First General Bank and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply.