The Organization of Latino Actuaries (OLA) is on a mission to increase the representation of Latine actuaries. To further this vision, we proudly offer academic scholarships to Latinos who will be entering a U.S. college or university in the upcoming academic year and have a keen interest in the actuarial profession. Our scholarship application window is open from November 1st, through April 15th.
Scholarship Application and Evaluation:
Our scholarship applications undergo a thorough evaluation process, considering a range of criteria that encompass:
• Academic performance.
• Commitment to pursuing a career in the actuarial profession.
• Progress in actuarial exams.
• Relevant work experience.
• Leadership experience.
We anticipate announcing the finalists for both named and general scholarships by mid-June.
Types of Scholarships:
Thanks to the generous support of our Gold and Platinum sponsors, we offer two types of scholarships, all under the same application:
1. Named Scholarships: Recipients of these scholarships are awarded $5,000 and are guaranteed an actuarial internship for the summer of 2024. Finalists for named scholarships will be required to participate in an interview.
2. General Scholarships: Winners of general scholarships receive awards of various amounts. The highest-achieving student will be honored with the "OLA Cresta Scholarship," a prestigious $7,500 award. In Spanish, "ola" means wave, and "cresta" represents the crest or top of the wave. With this accolade, OLA celebrates outstanding future Latine actuaries. Please note that a named scholarship recipient remains eligible for the Cresta Scholarship, with a maximum award of $7,500. Finalists for general scholarships are not obligated to undergo an interview.
All academic scholarships are disbursed directly to the recipient's school, providing vital support for their educational journey.
At OLA, we are committed to fostering the growth and success of Latine actuaries. Join us in this exciting opportunity to support the next generation of talented professionals in the actuarial field. Apply now and ride the wave of success with OLA!