The Atkins Educational Foundation commits to providing financial and personal support for first-generation female college students. We believe educating a woman not only allows her to improve her future but to change the trajectory of her family for generations to come. We achieve this goal by closing the gap between the aid she has received and the true cost of attending college. Our purpose is to provide resources and guidance throughout the student’s university experience from acceptance through graduation.
- Recipient: First-generation female college students
- Purpose: Closing the financial gap for college attendance
- Recipient Criteria:
- Must be a first-generation female student entering freshman year
- First-generation is defined as a student whose parents, grandparents, and siblings did not attend college
- Residency: Must be a Florida resident applying to a 4-year, public in-state university
- Application Requirements:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit a Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA)
- Apply to at least two other external scholarships
- Ensure you meet the recipient criteria as a first-generation female student
- Be a Florida resident applying to a 4-year, public in-state university
- Complete and submit the required Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA)
Please double check your application to confirm all required materials are attached before submitting. Incomplete applications will immediately disqualify you from consideration.