The Rising Phoenix Foundation, Inc. is excited to announce the launch of its Dr. Stacie NC Grant Community Service Scholarship. The new scholarship will award a deserving student five thousand dollars ($5,000) to assist with the rising cost of higher education.
Dr. Grant is the 26th International President & CEO of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated, an African-American Greek-letter organization headquartered in Washington, DC, with over 900 chapters globally, founded in 1920. Professionally, Dr. Grant is the CEO of C&G Enterprises Unlimited, LLC, an MWBE firm that focuses on meeting facilitation and professional development training services.
She is a dedicated community servant and has spent countless hours volunteering her time and serving the community through civic engagement and her youth mentorship programs.
To qualify for this opportunity, the applicant must:
• Be a high school senior that lives or goes to school in Queens, NY
• Be accepted to a college or university for the immediate fall semester
• Have a 80.0+ GPA (HS Transcript Required)
• Have a record of community service work
• Essay - One of Dr. Grant's favorite quotes is from Gandhi - “The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others." In a 500-word essay, please tell us about a contribution that you've made to your local community and why it was important for you to serve the community this way.
Applications must be submitted by Saturday June 10th 11:59PM EST. Proof of enrollment must be provided by Thursday, August 31st. Scholarship funds will be sent directly to scholarship recipient's college/university.