The Julie Walter Memorial Scholarship will award $5,000 to a female student enrolled and attending Virginia Tech as a sophomore or junior and majoring in a STEM discipline.
The Julie Walter Memorial Scholarship is established in memory of AFCEA International employee Julie Walter, former manager on the National Security and Defense team. Julie graduated from Virginia Tech in 1996 with a Bachelor of Science degree in hospitality and tourism management, and she has since instilled in her sons a fierce sense of Hokie Pride. We at AFCEA are honored to continue her legacy and love for Virginia Tech through this scholarship fund.
- Female student
- Attending Virginia Tech as a sophomore or junior
- Majoring in a STEM Discipline
- 2.8 GPA
Submissions must include the following:
- Completed Application: In addition to basic information, there are several short-answer questions. Applications open on October 1.
- Official Transcript: Include completed courses and grades, including grades from the Spring semester. Submit electronically through the school. If electronic submission of your transcript is not possible, please send the official document to the AFCEA address listed on our website to arrive by the deadline.
- One Letter of Recommendation: From faculty in the major of study. Have your references submit their letters of recommendation in PDF form via email. It is your responsibility to communicate with your recommender to obtain the required letter when completing the application process.
Official transcripts reflecting all college-level study will also be required by the deadline date — electronic submission preferred. If your transcript does not show your classes in progress, please submit documents showing current classes.
If electronic submission is not possible, please send the official document to the AFCEA address listed on our website by the deadline. Applications must be complete and submitted, including all supporting documentation, by the deadline.