WTS fosters the development of women and girls in the transportation field by encouraging bright new professionals and students to undertake careers in the area of transportation. One way it does this is by awarding the WTS Transportation YOU High School Scholarship to girls pursuing high school studies in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Supporting female students pursuing a career in transporation or related fields
- Greater Chicago Chapter: $1,000
- WTS International Foundation: $2,500 (nomination from the Greater Chicago Chapter)
- Applicant must be a high school senior attending school in the Chicagoland area.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Currently studying math, science, and technology.
- Considering a career in a transportation-related field.
- Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Official transcript.
- Written essays.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through local WTS chapters.
- Scholarships are competitive and will be evaluated based on the applicant's transportation goals, academic record, and transportation-related activities or job skills.
Chicago Chapter awards will be presented at the annual scholarship event in Chicago, IL, in the Summer following the awarding of the scholarship. National awards will be presented in May at the annual WTS International Conference in Atlanta.
If selected for a scholarship, attendance at the awards event is strongly recommended. The WTS Transportation YOU High School Scholarship aims to empower young women in transportation-related fields by providing financial support and recognition. If you meet the eligibility criteria and aspire to contribute to the transportation industry, consider applying through your local WTS chapter.