The Desire To Inspire Scholarship is a one-time financial award designed to support and acknowledge young individuals from underrepresented minority groups who are aspiring for a career in healthcare and are actively inspiring others. With a total award of $3000 divided among the top three applicants, this scholarship encourages the pursuit of educational and inspirational goals.
- One-time financial award totaling $3000 (1st place - $1500, 2nd place - $1000, 3rd place - $500)
- Intended for use in educational purposes or furthering missions of inspiration
- Includes a public voting competition contributing to the final score
- Open to young individuals from historically underrepresented minority groups
- Applicants must be interested in a career in healthcare
- Must demonstrate efforts in inspiring others
- Submit applications by June 4th, 11:59 PM EST
- Applications will be judged based on content, grammar, organization, voice, quality of CV/Resume, and effort
- Top five applicants proceed to an online voting competition
- Public voting constitutes 10% of the overall score, with judges' scores being 90%
- Winners announced on August 20th, after the end of the voting competition on August 18th
Applicants must currently be a rising high school junior or senior, meaning that applicants must be either in their junior or senior year in the fall of the upcoming academic school year. Applicants must also be a member of one or more of the following historically underrepresented minority racial or ethnic groups (Black/African-American, Native American, and/or Latinx-American), be interested in pursuing a career in healthcare, and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.