The Marki Lemons Ryhal Education Advancement Scholarship will support candidates that are seeking to obtain their real estate license OR attend a Historically Black College and University (HBCU). This fund is applicable only to African American women whose primary residence is in underserved communities within the Chicagoland area.
- Support for African American women in underserved Chicagoland communities
- Applicable to obtaining a real estate license or attending an HBCU
- In memory of Hazel S. Lemons
- Open to African American women residing in underserved Chicagoland areas
- Candidates seeking to obtain a real estate license or attend an HBCU
- Scholarship applications accepted before the completion of the relevant course
- Excludes Chicago Associations of REALTORS® Officers, Directors, employees, and Foundation Officers and Trustees
- Scholarships applicable to classroom and self-study courses only
- Visit the scholarship application portal
- Review eligibility criteria and scholarship details
- Submit the application before completing the relevant course
- Applications subject to the discretion of the Foundation Trustees
Applicants for the pre license award must meet current minimum Illinois licensing standards, as well as be enrolled in a REALTORS® Real Estate School (RRES) pre-licensing program (classroom or self study).