The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding minority high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, TGS awards exceptional student leaders, aiming to help them realize their maximum potential.
- Scholars receive funding for the full cost of attendance that is not covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution. This includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, transportation, and may include other personal costs.
- Must be a high school senior.
- From one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American.
- Pell-eligible and a US citizen, national, or permanent resident.
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Plan to enroll full-time in a four-year degree program at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- *For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment is required.
- Ensure you meet the basic eligibility criteria.
- Prepare and submit necessary documents highlighting academic record, leadership ability, and personal success skills.
- Complete and submit the scholarship application form.
An ideal candidate for The Gates Scholarship is a student who not only excels academically but also demonstrates strong leadership ability and personal success skills, such as emotional maturity and motivation.