The Ability Center works to ensure that people with disabilities have opportunities to achieve higher education. In partnership with The Ability Center Auxiliary, we provide critical college scholarships to area students with disabilities. For scholarship consideration, applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- The scholarship is open for the coming academic year with a deadline of March 31st.
- It provides assistance to students with disabilities, with a focus on academic excellence and community engagement.
- The scholarship application process is entirely online for convenience.
- Applicants must have a certified transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be a resident of one of the following Ohio counties:
- Must be an indivitual with a disability
- High school seniors should provide proof of acceptance into a college or university.
- New graduate students must provide proof of acceptance into a graduate program.
- Applicants should have three unrelated references with their name and email addresses ready.
- Applications can be submitted online through the application form or by uploading a completed PDF application.
- Ensure you have all necessary documents ready for upload, with a combined file size not exceeding 75MB.
- Complete the entire application, as incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
- Include an 800 to 1,000-word typed essay addressing specific questions about your disability, uniqueness, community involvement, and career objectives.
Keep in mind that the content of your essay will be a major factor in selecting the scholarship winners. If you have questions, please email or call us.