The BTSADV Legacy Scholarship is awarded based on merit and will be awarded to graduating high school seniors or college students currently enrolled in two or four-year programs. It is funded entirely by our Legacy Fund program to recognize and honor the survivors, victims, and families who have been affected by Domestic Violence. Our goal is to recognize students for their leadership, commitment to serving their communities, and advocating to end domestic violence.
- Funded by the Legacy Fund program
- Awards based on merit
- Designed to honor survivors, victims, and families impacted by Domestic Violence
- Recognizes leadership, community service, and advocacy against domestic violence
- Survivor of Intimate Partner Violence
- Has lost an immediate family member by blood to domestic violence (parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, or siblings)
- Legacy Baby Caretaker (Is a direct guardian of a child that has lost a parent to domestic violence)
- A survivor is physically separated from their abuser for a minimum of one year, but not more than ten.
- Has sought services from a non-profit agency that provides services to survivors of intimate partner violence for a minimum of six consecutive months. This agency is willing to submit a recommendation on behalf of the applicant.
- The applicant is willing to receive monthly mentorship through BTSADV for one semester and/or three months of the program length.
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States or have an immigration status that makes them eligible for FAFSA, and be a current physical resident of the United States or its territories.
- Have applied to or been officially accepted into an accredited course of study at a United Stated institution.
- Demonstrate a critical need for financial assistance.
- Exhibit a strong desire and the ability to complete a training program and/or academic program.
- Have a definite plan to use the desired training to upgrade skills for career advancement, train for a new career field, or enter or reenter the job market.
- Interested applicants should complete the scholarship application, providing all required information and documents.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Applications will be reviewed based on merit, eligibility, and adherence to the submission requirements.
- Selected scholarship recipients will receive notification and further instructions.
Applicants must demonstrate a critical need for financial assistance and exhibit a strong desire and the ability to complete a training program and/or academic program. Have a definite plan to use the desired training to upgrade skills for career advancement, train for a new career field, or enter or re-enter the job market.