The GE Appliances HBCU Connect Scholarship Program, in partnership with HBCU Connect, offers a unique opportunity for engineering students enrolled in HBCUs. This scholarship aims to support and connect students with internships and career opportunities. In 2023, one engineering student will be awarded $1,000, which can be used towards tuition, room and board, or books, and finalists will also be considered for internship or co-op opportunities at GE Appliances.
- Partnership between GE Appliances and HBCU Connect
- One engineering student to receive a $1,000 scholarship
- Scholarship applicable towards tuition, room & board, or books
- Finalists considered for internships or co-op opportunities at GE Appliances
- Must be a full-time student enrolled in a US-accredited educational institution pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Software, Industrial, Chemical, or Systems.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Must live within the 50 states of the United States.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without requiring future visa sponsorship for employment.
- Finalists will be given special consideration for an internship or co-op opportunity at GE Appliances.
- Ensure you are enrolled in an eligible engineering program and meet the GPA requirement
- Verify your residency and work authorization status in the US
This collaboration aims to create a bridge between academic excellence and professional growth, providing HBCU students and grads with valuable opportunities to thrive in the field of engineering.