The Pilot Part-Time Tuition Aid Grant Program for County College Students is a new program for the coming academic year. Within the limits of available funding, this program provides pro-rated awards to New Jersey county college students taking 6 - 11 credits per term, who are otherwise eligible for the Tuition Aid Grant Program.
The maximum award for students enrolled half-time (6-8 credits) is $250 per term, or $500 per year. Students enrolled three-quarter time (9-11 credits) may receive a maximum of $375 per term, or $750 per year.
To be eligible for Part-Time Tuition Aid Grant, a student must:
- Demonstrate financial need for the grant
- Be a resident of the State of New Jersey for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to receiving an award
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be registered with Selective Service, if required to do so
- Be enrolled at an approved New Jersey county college
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled in an approved degree or certificate program taking between 6 and 11 credits per term
- Not have received a baccalaureate degree or an associate degree
- Not have received the maximum number of grant payments allowable
- Be in good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress
- Not be in default on a federal or state student loan or owe a refund on a federal or state student grant
- Not be enrolled in a program leading to a degree in theology or divinity
For more information, please visit: http://www.hesaa.org