SMU, a nationally ranked private university in the heart of Dallas, is a distinguished hub for global research and teaching. With over 12,000 high-achieving students from all 50 states and 80 countries, SMU offers small classes, impactful research opportunities, leadership development, community service, international study, and innovative programs. The university's commitment to data-driven excellence, coupled with a powerful supercomputing ecosystem, provides an unparalleled environment for research excellence.
- Automatic consideration for the President's Scholarship by applying for admission
- Criteria for President's Scholar candidate selection:
- Exceptional SAT or ACT achievement
- Minimum of 20 high school academic units, including AP/IB and honors courses
- Two years of a single foreign language
- Advanced coursework in math and science
- High school rank in the top 10 percent
- Demonstrated commitment to school and/or community activities
- President's Scholars awarded full tuition and general fees
- Students applying for admission to SMU are automatically considered
- Candidate criteria include exceptional SAT or ACT scores, a challenging academic curriculum, foreign language proficiency, advanced coursework in math and science, top 10 percent high school rank, and demonstrated engagement
- President's Scholars must maintain full-time enrollment and a 3.3 GPA
- Apply for admission to SMU
- Automatic consideration for the President's Scholarship
Embark on your academic journey at SMU, where research excellence meets a vibrant community. President's Scholars enjoy full tuition and fees, recognizing their exceptional achievements and commitment to learning and engagement. Seize this opportunity for a transformative education at SMU!