The American Legion, in its commitment to honoring exemplary young leaders, proudly presents the Eagle Scout of the Year Scholarship. This distinguished scholarship aims to recognize outstanding Eagle Scouts who demonstrate leadership, service, and exceptional academic prowess.
Key Application Timeline:
• Nomination Period: November 1st to March 1st annually
• Submission Deadline to State Departments: March 1st
• National Headquarters Submission: No later than April 1st
1. Eagle Scout of the Year: $10,000 Scholarship
The highest-scoring nominee will be awarded this prestigious scholarship.
2. Three Runner-Up Scholarships: $2,500 each
Recognizing additional outstanding Eagle Scouts with runner-up scholarships.
Eligibility and Guidelines:
• Applicants must be Eagle Scouts.
• Nomination packets submitted to respective American Legion Departments (states).
• Each state's Selection Committee identifies the best Eagle Scout within their jurisdiction.
• National submission includes the winner's packet and committee details.
Utilization of Scholarships:
• Funds applicable upon enrollment in a U.S.-based accredited trade school, college, or university.
• Disbursement facilitated jointly to the student and the educational institution.
• Scholarship must be used within four years of post-high school graduation, excluding active military duty or religious mission.
• The Eagle Scout of the Year joins the esteemed Youth Champion Delegation at the annual National Convention of The American Legion.
• This scholarship not only recognizes academic achievement but also emphasizes leadership and service to the community.
For further inquiries or additional information, applicants are encouraged to contact their respective American Legion Department (state). Celebrate your achievements and embark on a journey of continued excellence!