The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) helps students move forward in their educational journeys by providing a wide range of programs and scholarship opportunities. AISES scholarships help students acquire skills and training that will help them meet the unique STEM needs of our communities. We highly encourage you to apply for all the scholarships you are eligible for.
- $1,000 for undergraduates, $2,000 for graduates pursuing STEM degrees
- Must be preparing to or majoring in an approved STEM major
- American Indian Community focus
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate students in a two-year or four-year college/university for 2023-2024
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Tribal citizenship or Indigenous status
- Current AISES membership (free for pre-college and college students)
- STEM majors in Architecture, Math, Medical Sciences, Physical Science, Technology, Nursing, Engineering, Natural Resources
- Create an account on the OASIS scholarship platform and complete a profile.
- Fill out the OASIS Eligibility Form to view eligible scholarships and apply separately to each.
- Submit required documents: resume, transcripts, tribal citizenship verification, letters of recommendation, and three essays.
Stage 3 (Post Acceptance): Finalists will submit additional documents, including academic institution enrollment verification, online scholarship agreement, recent photo/headshot, a thank-you letter to the donor, and a signed AISES direct deposit form with accompanying bank information.
Applicants must be: an enrolled citizen or a descendant of an enrolled citizen of a federal or state recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native Village; or Native Hawaiian or descendant from a Native Hawaiian; or Pacific Islander or descendant from Pacific Islander; or Indigenous person of Canada. Enrollment documents and/or a copy of birth certificate(s) showing descendancy from an enrolled citizen, Indigenous group of Canada, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander are acceptable.