The Marilynn Smith Scholarship, administered through The LPGA Foundation and the Marilynn Smith Scholarship Fund, is a testament to the commitment of empowering young women with a passion for golf. Founded in 1999 by the legendary Marilynn Smith, this scholarship aims to support female high school seniors who have demonstrated excellence in golf and aspire to continue playing at the collegiate level. In 2022, five deserving recipients were awarded $5,000 each, marking the scholarship's impact on nurturing talent and fostering educational pursuits.
- Established in 1999 by Marilynn Smith, an LPGA pioneer.
- Objective: Provide financial support to female high school seniors with a background in golf who plan to play collegiate golf in the United States.
- Applicants must be female high school seniors.
- Applicants should have a background in golf, either through high school or community involvement.
- Recipients must intend to play golf at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Visit The LPGA Foundation's official website to access the scholarship application.
- Complete the application, ensuring all required documents are submitted.
- Submit your application before the specified deadline.
Join the Legacy of Marilynn Smith: A Golfer's Dream and Scholar's Triumph. The Marilynn Smith Scholarship is more than financial assistance; it's an opportunity to be part of a legacy that celebrates the intersection of sports and education. If you are a female high school senior with a love for golf and a vision for your academic future, the Marilynn Smith Scholarship awaits.