The Benevolent Foundation, in collaboration with the Zetas of Charlotte, is proud to offer the Sarah Scott Schofield Scholarship to outstanding high school students in Mecklenburg County. Established in 2003, this scholarship aims to recognize the accomplishments and future potential of graduating seniors, providing crucial financial assistance for their higher education journey.
- Generous $2,500 for Mecklenburg County high school students
- Awarded annually to deserving African American female scholars
- The scholarship contributes to the pursuit of higher education
- Open to African American female scholars
- High school students in Mecklenburg County
- Prepare Documents: Gather necessary documents, including academic records and personal statements.
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet the scholarship's demographic and location criteria.
- Submit Application: Submit your application during the specified winter application period.
- Await Announcement: Recipients will be announced in May, recognizing the successful candidates.
As one of the sorority’s longest standing chapters, Delta Zeta Chapter has been recognized for its Z-Hope (Zetas Helping Other People Excel) initiatives, raising funds for the strategic partners like the March of Dimes and American Cancer Society, and offering award-winning youth and collegiate mentorship. Composed of college-educated, professional women, the organization is committed to exemplifying its principles of Scholarship, Service, Sisterhood and Finer Womanhood.