The Helen Brett Scholarship was established by Robert Kolinek, CEM, CMP, and named for his grandmother, Helen Brett, who was a pioneer in the trade show industry. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist individuals who are enrolled in a four-year degree program with a focus on the study of exhibition and event management. The scholarship serves to promote the exhibitions and events industry by attracting college level students into the field of study and encouraging their pursuit with financial support. Scholarships are awarded competitively based upon pursuit of a degreed major focusing on exhibition and/or event management. If within a hospitality program, the focus of study should be the exhibitions and events industry as determined by the review of the submitted official transcripts.
- Must be a full-time student enrolled at an accredited college, university or junior college
- Must be enrolled in a degree program focusing on exhibition/event management
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average on 4.0 scale
- Completed Helen Brett Scholarship application
- Two letters of recommendation by faculty and/or from exhibition industry leader
- One-page essay submission (500 to 1,000 words) on an explanation of your goals and desired roles in the exhibition and events industry
- Consideration will be given to attend Expo! Expo! in Baltimore in December if selected