The Dell Scholars program recognizes that achieving college graduation involves more than just financial support. It was intricately designed to offer a comprehensive support system that addresses the challenges students commonly encounter during their pursuit of a degree. Acknowledging the significant burden of college costs on students and their families, the program annually selects 500 Dell Scholars who not only receive a substantial scholarship but also benefit from a range of non-monetary supports.
- $20,000 Scholarship: Flexible funds that scholars can utilize for various costs arising during their college journey.
- Personalized, MultiFaceted Support: Assistance for academic, financial, and emotional challenges, ensuring students overcome obstacles to complete their college education.
- A Laptop Computer: Essential technology for college success, complete with a 4-year warranty.
- Textbook Credits: Credits ($500 annually for 4 years) for textbook purchases, rentals, and solutions.
- Scholars Resource Network: Resource connections for scholars and their families to address stress, debt, and other life circumstances.
- Access To Teletherapy: A teletherapy service connecting students to professional counseling.
- Participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12.
- View list of approved CRPs
- Be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the current academic year.
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Be eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant in the first year of college.
- Plan to enroll full-time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor's degree in the fall directly following high school graduation.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.4 GPA.
- Visit the official Dell Scholars Program website.
- Review the eligibility criteria carefully.
- Prepare necessary documents, including academic transcripts and proof of participation in a college readiness program.
- Submit the online application form with accurate and detailed information.
- Attach a compelling personal statement highlighting your academic and personal journey, addressing your resilience and commitment.
- Include references or recommendations as required.
- Submit the application before the specified deadline.
Who Should Apply?
While a minimum 2.4 GPA is required, the Dell Scholars program is specifically designed for low-income, highly motivated students who surpass the limitations of their academic metrics. Ideal candidates showcase a unique "GPA" embodying grit, potential, and ambition in their pursuit of a college education.