Upakar was founded to support the educational and career aspirations of the Indian-American community. In addition to the financial award, Upakar provides a mentoring program for our scholarship recipients. Upakar has been awarding scholarships for over 20 years and is the longest running Indian American scholarship organization.
To be eligible for an Upakar scholarship, you must:
- Have either been born or have one parent born in the Republic of India
- Be either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card) holder
- Plan to enroll Full-Time in an accredited, not-for-profit, 4-year university or 2-year Community College, during the FALL of a scholarship cycle (year)
- Have a prior year Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the IRS form 1040 of less than $90,000
- Currently be a graduating high school senior living in the USA with a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.6 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
Once selected, Upakar will award the scholarship amount of $2,000 per year for 4 years if the scholar maintains a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.3 (out of 4.0).
For more information or to apply, please visit the scholarship provider's website.