WHOI Summer Student Fellowship Program
Summer Student Fellowships at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution are awarded to undergraduate students who have completed their junior or senior year at colleges or universities and are studying in any of the fields of science or engineering including but not limited to the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, geophysics, mathematics, meteorology, physics, oceanography, and marine policy. Students must have at least a tentative interest in the ocean sciences, oceanographic engineering, mathematics, or marine policy. Persons from under represented groups are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the formal application form, the following are required:
- A current CV or resume that shows educational background and work experience
- Official transcripts and/or other official documents of complete undergraduate school record to date
- At least three letters of recommendation from professors, employers, others (recommendation forms provided with application)
- A statement of the applicant's research interests, future education and career plans, and reasons for applying to the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- A completed Course Record worksheet listing relevant undergraduate coursework by subject category, primary textbook used for each course, and the grade received for completing the course