The Leon Bradley Scholarship Program was established to encourage People of Color to enter the field of teaching and school leadership. The American Association of School Personnel Administrators (AASPA) believes that it is beneficial for all students to experience diversity among the educators who serve as role models for our students.
- Annual scholarships to support minority candidates pursuing initial teaching certification endorsement
- Each scholarship is valued at $3,500.00
- Open to candidates in their final year of certification/endorsement requirements
- Applicants must be minority candidates
- Must be in their final year of certification/endorsement requirements, including student teaching if applicable
- Complete the scholarship application
- Provide an unofficial transcript
- Include a letter from the Dean of the College of Education or a designated representative
- Submit a character reference letter
- Attach your resume
AASPA will annually award up to two scholarships to assist a minority candidate seeking their initial teaching certification endorsement. Each scholarship will be given in the amount of $3,500.00. Candidates will be eligible for the award if they are in their final year of completing certification/endorsement requirements, including student teaching if applicable.