Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship Award
The Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship was created to recognize Arab-American students who excel in Media Studies. To be eligible for this award, aplicants must:
- Be undergraduate juniors, seniors orgraduate students
- Be attending college in the coming academic year
- Be majoring in mass communications, journalism, radio, television, and/or film
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA and be a U.S. citizen of Arab heritage
Applicants should send the following to the ADC Research Institute:
- A one-page statement stating that you are a U.S. citizen, explaining your goals and why you merit the scholarship
- Copies of articles, videos, films, etc.
- Official academic transcripts including your GPA
- Two letters of recommendation from Mass Communications professors.
- Permanent home address, phone number, email address; also address, phone number, and email address during the school year
Awards will be announced and presented during ADC's Annual Convention in Washington, D.C.