The Dairy Shrine / Marshall E. McCullough Scholarship is awarded annually in memory of Marshall McCullough, a widely known Georgia nutrition researcher and educator. In a career that spanned nearly 50 years, McCullough became a prolific writer, popular speaker, respected researcher and effective consultant.
- Awarded annually in memory of Marshall McCullough
- Aspire to a career in dairy communications or journalism
- $1000 scholarship, one-time award for each student
- Additional $1000 scholarships may be awarded based on applications and funding
- Recipients recognized at the Dairy Shrine Awards Banquet
- Freshman status in a four-year college or university
- Majoring in Dairy/Animal Science with a Communications emphasis or Agricultural Journalism with a Dairy/Animal Science emphasis
- Aspiring to a career in dairy communications or journalism
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale)
- Can receive the $1000 scholarship only once
- Ensure eligibility based on Freshman status, intended major, career aspirations, and GPA.
- Complete the application form, including a statement of career goals and academic achievements.
- Submit the application by the specified deadline.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified and recognized at the Dairy Shrine Awards Banquet.
Tomorrow’s dairy leaders are here today, in classrooms, dairy youth organizations, at dairy competitions and on dairy farms across the country. The Dairy Shrine’s task is to encourage, stimulate and inspire them. Since its inception, Dairy Shrine has recognized the importance of laying a foundation for the future, and has constantly expanded its youth programs to capture and challenge the interest of outstanding dairy youth. All Dairy Shrine scholarships and student awards are only for U.S. students attending schools, colleges or universities in the United States and majoring in dairy or other agricultural related fields.