Ruth Whitney Scholarship from Glamour Magazine
The Ruth Whitney scholarship is awarded to a college student who has had some experience in writing, reporting or design and who has a demonstrated interest in magazine journalism or publishing.
- High school seniors who are permanent residents of NY, NJ, CT or PA, attend a high school in one of these states, and will graduate in the summer.
- College undergraduate students who are permanent residents of NY, NJ, CT or PA
- Graduate students who are permanent residents of NY, NJ, CT or PA Applicants are eligible even if they attend or plan to attend a college or university located outside of NY, NJ, CT, or PA as long as their permanent residence is in one of those states.
- An applicant must be majoring or (for high school seniors) declaring a major in a communications-related field, including but not limited to advertising, broadcating, communications, english, film, journalism, marketing, new media, or public relations. Applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.2 or better (or the high school equivalent).
- An appointed New York Women in Communications Scholarship Committee will select the winners. Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of academic achievement, need, demonstrated leadership, participation in school and community-service activities, honors and other awards or recognition, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, and unusual personal and/or family circumstances. Finalists will be required to attend an in-person interview in New York City on a date in February to be determined by the Scholarship Committee.
For more information on this scholarship at the NYWICI site or to download the application, please go to our website.