Allegheny County Medical Society (ACMS) Medical Student Scholarship
Two qualified medical students will each be awarded a $2,000 scholarship.
Eligibility for scholarship applicants:
- Applicant must be a Pennsylvania resident from one of the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Washington or Westmoreland.
- Applicant must be a Pennsylvania resident for at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in an accredited Pennsylvania medical school.
- Applicant must be enrolled or entering his/her third or fourth year of medical school.
Applicant must submit:
- A completed scholarship application form.
- Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant's integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician. Note: One reference letter must be from either a medical school professor or a physician.
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant's medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a third or fourth-year medical student at that institution.
- A typed one-page essay addressing the following: How do you hope to be involved in your community beyond clinical care of patients? In what ways would you hope to demonstrate leadership as a physician in your community?