Texas Space Grant Consortium Columbia Crew Memorial Undergraduate Scholarships
Texas Space Grant Consortium and the Aviation and Space Foundation of Texas in partnership with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration have established this scholarship program in memory of the Space Shuttle Columbia astronauts. These seven men and women paid the ultimate sacrifice to expand the exploration of space and our knowledge of the world that we live in.
These scholarships are intended to recognize high-quality students and encourage their consideration of graduate studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields which will ultimately lead to careers in space related fields. The scholarships stress:
- Excellence in academics
- Participation in space education projects
- Participation in research projects
- Exhibited leadership qualities
TSGC encourages participation by members of under-represented groups.
All TSGC Scholarship recipients must be:
- Citizens of the United States
- Registered as a full-time student at a TSGC member institution in good standing as
- A sophomore at a two-year institution, a junior or senior at a four-year institution or a first- or second-year student at a medical school