GEWN Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship
The purpose of the GEWN Scholarship Fund is to assist in the college education of one or more Georgia female Leaders of Tomorrow. GEWN will award up to four $3,000 scholarships this year to female, non-traditional, full-time students who are attending or planning to attend a metropolitan Atlanta accredited college or university in a four-year undergraduate program of study. Non-traditional is defined as a student who is at least 24 years old.
To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a female at least 24 years old who has been a Georgia resident for at least one year (must be at least 24 years old by August 1st of the upcoming academic year)
- Be a full-time student in a metropolitan Atlanta accredited college or university in a four-year undergraduate program of study
- Have a college or high school grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale OR an SAT score of at least 1200 OR an equivalent ACT score
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities in school, work or community
All applicants must submit:
- GEWN Scholarship Application
- Two letters of recommendation in individual envelopes (signed over the sealed flap) that document leadership accomplishments from any of the following people: teacher, principal, guidance counselor, employer or person of similar stature
- Typed essay (up to 500 words) answering the question “What are your professional/community goals and objectives after you complete your college education?”
- An official transcript from college or high school submitted by the school in a sealed envelope OR an official SAT or ACT score.
All materials must be sent to the following address:
GEWN Scholarship Committee Co-Chair
4647 Clary Lakes Drive
Roswell, GA 30075