ASTA Pacific Northwest Chapter – William Hunt Professional Development Scholarship
Tourism Cares will award up to $500 in ASTA Pacific Northwest Chapter - William Hunt Professional Development Scholarships to be applied to the cost of an ASTA or The Travel Institute Educational Program, or the registration fee only for the ASTA International Destination Expo. To be eligible, applicants must be permanent U. S. residents, with a minimum of two years of experience in the travel industry, who have successfully completed the program, or attended the conference. They must also be individual members of the ASTA Pacific Northwest Chapter (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington), or be employed at an office where at least one travel agent is a member of the chapter. This scholarship works on a reimbursement basis, and the course completion date (or conference attendance dates) must no more than 12 months prior to the scholarship application deadline date. This scholarship has been made possible by the ASTA Pacific Northwest Chapter.
To apply, please scan to PDF (not JPEG) file format all of the following required items and e-mail as separate documents, to the Tourism Cares Scholarship Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax as one complete file to 1-781-821-8949, before 5 p.m. EDT on November 1st. Please be sure to include “[your last name] and ASTA [your chapter name] Prof Dev Scholarship in the subject line of the e-mail and each file name:
- Completed ASTA Chapter Professional Development Application Form (Download Application form), with hand signed approval of the application by the ASTA Chapter Board Officer (such as President, Vice-President, Secretary, or Treasurer [i.e. at the request of the ASTA Chapter Education Chair])
- Legible copy of U. S. driver’s license, or passport, as proof of permanent residency
- Completed Tourism Cares Employment Verification Form (Download Employer form), hand signed by the employer to confirm the applicant’s employment status
- A one-page original essay, word-processed in 12 point font, and double-spaced with one-inch margins (which is signed to verify the work is the applicant’s original) that answers the following questions: Why had you been interested in taking further training in travel? What benefits did you receive from the program you completed? How does the training relate to your future plans as a travel industry professional? (Note: If you attended the ASTA International Destination Expo, in place of an essay, please submit a trip report detailing why you attended IDE, what you learned at the conference, what benefits you received, and how the experience relates to your plans as a travel industry professional)
- Proof of both course completion (or for ASTA IDE conference attendance) and full payment from the educational institution offering the program, i.e. copy of certificate of course completion (or for ASTA IDE official conference badge) and copy of receipt showing full payment for the course. (Note: Any expenses of the recipient in excess of the amount of the scholarship must be borne by the recipient.)
For questions, email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.