IAPMO Scholarship Essay Contest
ESSAY TOPIC: How is the planet’s energy future tied to the innovation and skill of the plumbing and mechanical industry?
PURPOSE: To acquaint the uninitiated with the crucial importance the plumbing and mechanical industry plays in our everyday lives.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Must be a current high school senior or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university or an apprentice program.
- The deadline for essay submissions is 11:59 p.m. (PT) on May 1st.
- Students must provide a copy of their full time schedule to confirm eligibility.
- Essays must be written on the topic noted above, and must be an original essay.
- One essay per student.
- Essays should be no fewer than 800 words and no more than 1,600 words.
- Essays must be typewritten, double-spaced. All citations to factual data should be noted in the footnote or in a References page.
- Cover page should include student’s name, address, phone number and email.
- Essays must be submitted via email to Gaby.Davis@iapmo.org, faxed to 909-472-4222 or mailed to:
The IAPMO Group
Attn: Gaby Davis, Essay Contest
4755 E. Philadelphia St.
Ontario, CA 91761
PRIZES: The Sandra Imprescia Essay Scholarship Committee will review essays to determine the top three. IAPMO’s Board of Directors will select and announce essay contest winners by August. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First place: $1,000; publication of essay in Official and at IAPMO website; one-year IAPMO membership
- Second place: $750; publication of essay in Official and at IAPMO website
- Third place: $500; publication of essay in Official and at IAPMO website
Please visit our website for additional information.