The Detroit Chapter of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. will award the Joseph B. Olivieri Scholarship to one student for the upcoming academic year.
- Full-time enrollment in an undergraduate program, at an college or university located within the Michigan counties of Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, Washtenaw or Wayne; accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or the National Architecture Accreditation Board (NAAB); and leading to a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architecture
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a scale where 4.0 is the highest achievable level
- Family members of anyone currently on the Student Activities Committee or Board of Governors of the Detroit Chapter of ASHRAE, and students receiving scholarships from ASHRAE or any of its other chapters are ineligible
- Completed application form
- An official transcript of high school or college grades from most recently completed term of study and, if applicable, an official transcript of completed college coursework from school(s) previously attended.
- Letter of recommendation, with contact information, from one collegiate reference who has knowledge of your academic performance and career goals
- Essay response of 1,250 words or less, typed in Times New Roman 12-point font to the following question: How will your future work contribute to maintaining the sustainability of the built environment or the environmental control systems within them?
Completed applications, essay, official transcript and letter of recommendation must be received by 5 p.m. on March 15th. Applications should be emailed (preferable) OR mailed