Established in 2003, the Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation aims to carry on some of Congresswoman Mink's most ardent commitments: educational access, support, and opportunity for low-income women, especially mothers; and educational enrichment for children.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a woman of at least 17 years of age
- Must be a mother, with minor children
- Must be enrolled in a skills training, ESL, or GED program; or pursuing a technical/vocational degree, an associate degree, a first bachelor's degree, or a professional/master's/doctoral degree
- Must be enrolled in an accredited program during the upcoming academic year
- Must be low-income (annual family income less than $20,000 for a family of two; $24,000 for a family of three; $28,000 for a family of four)
The application will be available in the spring. To download the application, visit our website at that time.