Association for Women in Communications Scholarship - Springfield, IL Chapter
The Association for Women in Communications (AWC), Springfield (IL) Chapter, seeks promising communications students for its annual scholarship award. The $1,000 scholarship is made possible by an initial grant from the Sara Lee Corp., and is maintained by the Springfield Chapter. The award symbolizes the commitment of the chapter to education and continuing high professional standards for the communications industry. A committee of professionals will select the scholarship recipient.
To quality for this award, students must:
- Have junior, senior or graduate student status (full- or part-time)
- Be majoring in communications, journalism, public relations or related fields
- Have an above average GPA (3.0 or above on a scale of 4.0)
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursue a professional career in communications through educational work
- Demonstrate service to the communications field through extracurricular or job activities
- Submit two letters of reference, one of which is from an instructor of a communications-related course that the applicant is currently enrolled in or has completed
- Submit writing samples (see application)
- Submit an official college transcript from every college attended
- Be from central Illinois or attend a college or university in central Illinois
For more information about this award, please visit our website.