Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest
Ah, the first day of school. You meticulously selected your outfit, you styled your hair just right but when you smiled for the camera, all that awesomeness translated into...complete and total awkwardness. It may be tempting to dispose of the evidence but don’t burn those negatives or delete those jpegs just yet: Those images could earn you $1,000 for college through Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest!
To enter Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest, simply “like” Scholarships.com on Facebook and upload your amateur, school-related photo (first day, class, prom, graduation, etc.) to Scholarships.com’s Facebook wall, making sure to tag yourself and Scholarships.com in the image. Following the September 30th deadline, the Scholarships.com Team will post our top finalists and users will have one week to vote for their favorite photo via comments and likes. The person who submits the photo receiving the most votes will win $1,000 and the individuals who submit the second and third highest-scoring images will receive $200 each.
Starts: August 26th
Ends: September 30th
Number of Awards: 3
Amount:$1,000 for one first-place winner; $200 each for second- and third-place winners.
- Step 1: Like Scholarships.com on Facebook.
- Step 2: Post your school-related to Scholarships.com’s Facebook wall, making sure to tag yourself and Scholarships.com in the image. These photos must be amateur (i.e., not professionally taken), can be current or from years past and must feature the person submitting the photo.
- Step 3: The Scholarships.com Team will select the top images submitted and let our fans choose a winner via their comments and likes.
- Step 4: You may enter as many times as you want but please limit your photos to one per day. Those who do not observe this step or who do not tag themselves and Scholarships.com in their photos will be disqualified. You must also adjust your Facebook privacy preferences to allow Scholarships.com to message you. (This is how we'll notify finalists and winners.)
This scholarship competition is offered by Scholarships.com and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
For more information and official rules, please click here.
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Directory
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
Latest College & Financial Aid News
March 28, 2017
by Susan Dutca
The Princeton Review’s 2017 College Hopes & Worries survey reveals that biggest worry for students and parents is the "level of debt I/my child will take on to pay for the degree." While this concern doesn’t come as a surprise, it differs greatly from the average woe a decade ago; not "getting in to [a] first-choice college." [...]
March 24, 2017
by Susan Dutca
What do spring college scholarships bring? Potentially thousands of dollars in free college money to help foot your college tuition bill! Whether you are relaxing over spring break or heavy into spring cleaning, don't forget to do your academic and financial aid housekeeping. Explore these spring-centric awards, as well as college scholarships with spring 2017 deadlines. Or if you prefer, conduct your own free college scholarship search here: [...]
March 21, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Finding a way to pay for college is a whole mess in itself. Add to that the stress of filling out a FAFSA and now, the removal of a key I.R.S. tool that made the process somewhat less difficult, and you have millions of students in limbo, panicking about how they will pay for college. [...]