Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest
Ah, the first day of school. You meticulously selected your outfit, you styled your hair just right but when you smiled for the camera, all that awesomeness translated into...complete and total awkwardness. It may be tempting to dispose of the evidence but don’t burn those negatives or delete those jpegs just yet: Those images could earn you $1,000 for college through Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest!
To enter Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest, simply “like” Scholarships.com on Facebook and upload your amateur, school-related photo (first day, class, prom, graduation, etc.) to Scholarships.com’s Facebook wall, making sure to tag yourself and Scholarships.com in the image. Following the September 30th deadline, the Scholarships.com Team will post our top finalists and users will have one week to vote for their favorite photo via comments and likes. The person who submits the photo receiving the most votes will win $1,000 and the individuals who submit the second and third highest-scoring images will receive $200 each.
Starts: August 26th
Ends: September 30th
Number of Awards: 3
Amount:$1,000 for one first-place winner; $200 each for second- and third-place winners.
- Step 1: Like Scholarships.com on Facebook.
- Step 2: Post your school-related to Scholarships.com’s Facebook wall, making sure to tag yourself and Scholarships.com in the image. These photos must be amateur (i.e., not professionally taken), can be current or from years past and must feature the person submitting the photo.
- Step 3: The Scholarships.com Team will select the top images submitted and let our fans choose a winner via their comments and likes.
- Step 4: You may enter as many times as you want but please limit your photos to one per day. Those who do not observe this step or who do not tag themselves and Scholarships.com in their photos will be disqualified. You must also adjust your Facebook privacy preferences to allow Scholarships.com to message you. (This is how we'll notify finalists and winners.)
This scholarship competition is offered by Scholarships.com and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
For more information and official rules, please click here.
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Directory
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
Latest College & Financial Aid News
December 1, 2016
by Susan DutcaPerhaps your 2017 New Year's Resolution is to earn more free college money - that's our goal for you! 2016 is now coming to an end, and so are these scholarship deadlines, so hurry and apply to these end-of-the-year awards while you still can! Girls Who Illustrate Awesomeness Scholarship [...]
November 29, 2016
by Susan DutcaThe incoming Trump administration could reverse President Obama's actions on college sexual assault, giving hope to those who claim their lives were destroyed by false rape claims. However, this raises concerns for some that perhaps those who have been victims of sexual assault and made legitimate reports may not get the protection they deserve. Since 2011, colleges and universities have been [...]
November 22, 2016
by Susan DutcaStudents are being called to "expose and document" professors "who discriminate against conservative students, promote anti-American values, and advance leftist propaganda" on a new website called Professor Watchlist. Turning Point USA, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2012 promotes ideas of free-market capitalism and "educates students about the importance of fiscal [...]