Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest
Ah, the first day of school. You meticulously selected your outfit, you styled your hair just right but when you smiled for the camera, all that awesomeness translated into...complete and total awkwardness. It may be tempting to dispose of the evidence but don’t burn those negatives or delete those jpegs just yet: Those images could earn you $1,000 for college through Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest!
To enter Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest, simply “like” Scholarships.com on Facebook and upload your amateur, school-related photo (first day, class, prom, graduation, etc.) to Scholarships.com’s Facebook wall, making sure to tag yourself and Scholarships.com in the image. Following the September 30th deadline, the Scholarships.com Team will post our top finalists and users will have one week to vote for their favorite photo via comments and likes. The person who submits the photo receiving the most votes will win $1,000 and the individuals who submit the second and third highest-scoring images will receive $200 each.
Starts: August 26th
Ends: September 30th
Number of Awards: 3
Amount:$1,000 for one first-place winner; $200 each for second- and third-place winners.
- Step 1: Like Scholarships.com on Facebook.
- Step 2: Post your school-related to Scholarships.com’s Facebook wall, making sure to tag yourself and Scholarships.com in the image. These photos must be amateur (i.e., not professionally taken), can be current or from years past and must feature the person submitting the photo.
- Step 3: The Scholarships.com Team will select the top images submitted and let our fans choose a winner via their comments and likes.
- Step 4: You may enter as many times as you want but please limit your photos to one per day. Those who do not observe this step or who do not tag themselves and Scholarships.com in their photos will be disqualified. You must also adjust your Facebook privacy preferences to allow Scholarships.com to message you. (This is how we'll notify finalists and winners.)
This scholarship competition is offered by Scholarships.com and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
For more information and official rules, please click here.
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Directory
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
Latest College & Financial Aid News
May 26, 2017
by Susan Dutca
As we celebrate Memorial Day by honoring and remembering those who died while serving our country, we explore what it means to be American. In light of this, we've come up with a list of scholarships for Americans, based on a variety of criteria. Here you'll find free college scholarships for American citizens, college scholarships for ethnic-Americans, free college scholarships for veterans/military scholarships, and more! If you're proud to be an American and believe in the American dream – whatever that may entail, then check out these patriotic college scholarships for 2017 and help fund your American dream: [...]
May 23, 2017
by Susan Dutca
The U.S. Department of Education will offer a contract to a single loan servicer to manage its $1.2 trillion student loan portfolio, which contains over 43 million borrowers. Instead of keeping its current contract with four different services, the ED will award Navient, GreatNet or the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) the contract. What exactly does this mean for borrowers? [...]
May 16, 2017
by Susan Dutca
The chances of getting into a private college at a significantly discounted price are fairly high these days, according to a new report by the National Association of College and University Business Officers. But have students always paid those crazy expensive college tuition costs? [...]