Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest
Ah, the first day of school. You meticulously selected your outfit, you styled your hair just right but when you smiled for the camera, all that awesomeness translated into...complete and total awkwardness. It may be tempting to dispose of the evidence but don’t burn those negatives or delete those jpegs just yet: Those images could earn you $1,000 for college through Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest!
To enter Scholarships.com’s Awkward Back-to-School Photo Contest, simply “like” Scholarships.com on Facebook and upload your amateur, school-related photo (first day, class, prom, graduation, etc.) to Scholarships.com’s Facebook wall, making sure to tag yourself and Scholarships.com in the image. Following the September 30th deadline, the Scholarships.com Team will post our top finalists and users will have one week to vote for their favorite photo via comments and likes. The person who submits the photo receiving the most votes will win $1,000 and the individuals who submit the second and third highest-scoring images will receive $200 each.
Starts: August 26th
Ends: September 30th
Number of Awards: 3
Amount:$1,000 for one first-place winner; $200 each for second- and third-place winners.
- Step 1: Like Scholarships.com on Facebook.
- Step 2: Post your school-related to Scholarships.com’s Facebook wall, making sure to tag yourself and Scholarships.com in the image. These photos must be amateur (i.e., not professionally taken), can be current or from years past and must feature the person submitting the photo.
- Step 3: The Scholarships.com Team will select the top images submitted and let our fans choose a winner via their comments and likes.
- Step 4: You may enter as many times as you want but please limit your photos to one per day. Those who do not observe this step or who do not tag themselves and Scholarships.com in their photos will be disqualified. You must also adjust your Facebook privacy preferences to allow Scholarships.com to message you. (This is how we'll notify finalists and winners.)
This scholarship competition is offered by Scholarships.com and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
For more information and official rules, please click here.
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Directory
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
Latest College & Financial Aid News
July 18, 2017
by Susan Dutca
What if your college course load included "Instagram 101" or "History of Facebook 202"? Have you ever wanted to major in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Well, you can this upcoming fall if you are a student at Kutztown University, pursuing a bachelor's degree in Social Media Theory and Strategy.[...]
July 11, 2017
by Susan Dutca
It's senior year of high school and you're just about ready to graduate and move on to the next chapter in your life. Have you been accepted to college, enrolled in the military or a trade school, planned a "gap-year" or secured a job? If not, you may not be eligible to receive your diploma. Starting in 2020, Chicago high school seniors will have to demonstrate any one of the above in order to graduate. [...]
July 3, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Due to a new budget deal, all qualified students will soon be admitted into one of the 23 campuses at California State University. With some of the more competitive schools only accepting 30-34 percent of its applicants, qualified students have been historically denied because campuses were too full. While the initiative gives students more access to higher education, there is a catch. [...]