10 Tips For a Winning Scholarship Application
Everyone wants to win a scholarship. That recognition of your merit and your efforts
as a student is a great source of pride, and the money doesn’t hurt either. There
are tons of scholarship application strategies you can employ and sources of advice
you can consult in your effort to craft a winning scholarship application. Books,
consultants, and any number of paid services purport to tell you how to gain a coveted
scholarship award. Websites like Scholarships.com also offer a wide range of free
resources for scholarship seekers.
At the most basic, here are ten things you can do to get your application off on
the right foot and boost your chances of creating success in your scholarship search.
These tips are a great place to start and important items to keep in mind, regardless
of what else you do to further polish your scholarship strategy. While some of these
may seem overly simple, they are surprisingly easy to forget when you’re in the
midst of the scholarship application process.
- Apply only if you are eligible.
- Complete the application.
- Read and follow all instructions.
- Submit a clean and neat application.
- Submit a well-composed essay that makes a definite impression.
- Be aware of and meet all deadlines.
- Mail application to the proper address with the proper postage affixed.
- Give your application materials a final review.
- Seek assistance if you feel you need it.
- Make sure you're proud of and satisfied with your application submission.