Scholarship Provider Guidelines
If you’re interested in listing your scholarship on Scholarships.com, please be sure that your organization and its website meet the following the guidelines:
- The scholarship does not charge an application fee or serve as a means to generate revenue for the scholarship provider.
- The scholarship information page must not display advertisements, toll free numbers associated with paid services, pop-up windows, chat windows or other offers.
- During the application process, students must not be prompted to enter a social security number.
- During the application process, students must not be prompted to enter credit card information.
- Scholarship URL must link directly to provider’s scholarship page.
- Scholarship URL must be operational and stable. If the site is down, we are unable to review the site and students are unable to apply.
- The scholarship must be associated with a legitimate, verifiable (no PO Boxes), U.S. mailing address.
- Scholarship must be filterable and offer an award of reasonable substance and/or frequency for the amount of work that is required of them.
- Scholarship rules must be displayed and clearly outline all eligibility criteria, deadlines, required materials and scholarship winner selection process / judging criteria. This information or a link to this information must be on the page of the URL provided by the scholarship provider, referenced above.
- Scholarship listing must not be a duplicate of one that is already listed with Scholarships.com. Please be sure to retain all information you receive from Scholarships.com upon successful completion of the listing process to ensure you do not attempt to submit a new listing the following year.
- Contact information, including address, phone number and email must be easily accessible to students for potential inquires about the scholarship and rules thereof.
- Scholarship provider must provide Scholarships.com with a contact email address from the organizations domain name. For example, email@example.com. It is the scholarship provider’s responsibility to ensure they are reachable by Scholarships.com.
- We strongly recommend whitelisting the Scholarships.com domain to ensure the aforementioned.
If your scholarship meets these guidelines, please submit the scholarship information online using our simple and easy scholarship submission form.
Required Information to Submit a Scholarship to Scholarships.com
In order to have your scholarship listed on Scholarships.com, we need your organization’s mailing address, phone number, contact name, email address and your website’s URL. This information can be used for our internal use only, if that is your preference, though there are certain required fields on the online submission form.
To best serve our site’s users and providers, all scholarships listed on Scholarships.com must:
- Provide a descriptive summary of the award
- Include a scholarship title, deadline date, value of the scholarships and number of awards available
- Indicate the type or student the scholarship is targeting and be sure to review and edit all filterable criteria to ensure only those students who will qualify for the scholarship being offered will be presented with the scholarship.
Scholarship Administration & Management
Once your scholarship has been approved and listed in the database, we ask that you please keep the information current. It is at the sole discretion of Scholarships.com to determine whether to make minor updates on behalf of the scholarship provider or inactivate scholarships that contain outdated or otherwise inaccurate information. Changes to terms, requirements, qualifications and award amounts must remain consistent and provide the scholarship applicant ample opportunity and notice of any changes. Reduction of the award amount once the scholarship has been approved and published and/or increasing restrictions and/or requirement prior to the current award deadline can result in suspension or permanent exclusion of an award or scholarship provider.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to
Last Reviewed: June 2017
Latest College & Financial Aid News
June 23, 2017
by Susan Dutca
When it comes to earning scholarships for college, some students have the "go big or go home" mentality and chase the big buck scholarship opportunities. Landing a huge scholarship may take more work - meaning more time spent on the application process and essays, needing strong recommendation letters and competing against a pool of highly-qualified students. If you're motivated to land a large dollar scholarship that can potentially pay for your entire college tuition, check out these generously-endowed scholarships: [...]
June 22, 2017
When it comes to college applications, most students worry more about whether or not their grades are high enough, whether their essays are well-written, or if they have enough extracurricular activities. College recommendation letters are often lower on the list of priorities and are often hastily asked for close to the deadline. However, college recommendation letters are often one of the most common ways to distinguish between quality applications. Below are several ways to avoid getting tepid college recommendation letters that make your otherwise quality application look lackluster. [...]
June 22, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Everyone knows big-name companies such as Google or Coca-Cola...but did you know that these companies also offer scholarship opportunities to help you pay for college? That's right! If you love these quality products and services, you may be interested these generously-endowed scholarships. Check out this list of brand name scholarships offered by the companies with which you are most familiar: [...]