The 100 Black Men of Prince George’s County, Inc. is pleased to offer ten scholarships to students pursuing higher education. Students must be either graduating high school seniors or matriculating undergraduate students who are residents of Prince George’s County Maryland. Scholarships will be awarded exclusively to STEM majors, with a preference for students pursuing degrees in Computer Science related fields.
- Ten scholarships up to $5,000 each
- Open to high school seniors, undergraduates, mentees, Collegiate 100 members, and PG County Public School graduates
- Three scholarships exclusively for STEM majors, with a preference for Computer Science fields
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 for high school students, 3.0 for college students
- Demonstrated commitment to academic achievement and character
- Plan to attend a four-year, two-year, or vocational/trade school
- Submit a completed application form
- Provide two letters of recommendation: one academic, one character
- Attach an official transcript from your current or most recent institution
- Write an essay on one of the provided topics, minimum 1500 words
- Include a high-quality passport-sized photo for future publications
High school students must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and demonstrate the commitment to pursuing continued academic achievement post-high school (applicants must provide copies of official transcripts to support this declaration). Current college students must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 during their college tenure.