The AAMI Foundation Scholarship will be awarded to students studying to become biomedical equipment technicians, or health technology-specific engineering, including clinical engineering. One scholarship, in particular, will be awarded to an individual studying to become a health systems engineer. Applicants must be entering or current full-time college students seeking a career in the healthcare technology profession at an accredited college or university.
- Scholarship value: $3,000
- Awarded at the AAMI Exchange event
- Full-time college students pursuing healthcare technology professions
- Enrolled in a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency
- Applicants must be entering or current students
- Eligible programs include biomedical equipment technology, electrical, mechanical, or clinical engineering; and physics or health sciences
- Review the eligibility criteria to ensure you qualify.
- Prepare your application, including proof of course registration.
- Submit your application before the specified deadline.
- Recipients will be selected by the AAMI Awards Committee and notified in writing by June 1, or earlier.
Applicants must demonstrate a combination of technical aptitude, academic excellence, and commitment to the health technology profession. To document these attributes, applicants are required to submit a short essay (500-700 words) explaining how they view themselves fitting into the profession and describing their evidence of academic excellence and the other skills mentioned above. Applicants must also submit a transcript, two recommendation letters and proof of course registration.