AAUW Carlisle branch is pleased to offer scholarships to women of Cumberland or Perry County, Pennsylvania pursuing a higher education degree. Applicants must be female residents of Cumberland or Perry County, PA, for at least a year, have successfully completed at least one year of college, demonstrate financial need, and be enrolled in an educational program that, upon completion, confers an associate (or other equivalent degrees, e.g. RN), bachelor or higher degree from a regionally accredited college, university, or institute. Past recipients have included non-traditional students, women in doctoral programs, associate degree and nursing programs as well as those in bachelor degree programs.
- Scholarships are available to women residing in Cumberland or Perry County, PA.
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of college.
- Financial need is a key consideration for eligibility.
- Scholarships support educational programs that lead to associate, bachelor, or higher degrees.
- Previous recipients have included non-traditional students, doctoral candidates, associate degree seekers, nursing students, and bachelor's degree candidates.
- Applicants must be female residents of Cumberland or Perry County, PA, for at least one year.
- Enrollment in an educational program at a regionally accredited college, university, or institute is required.
- Prepare and submit your scholarship application.
- Selected applicants will be invited for an interview in Carlisle (or via Zoom if necessary).
- Recipients should be willing to allow AAUW Carlisle Branch to use their name, picture, and biographical information for publication.
Applicants will be required to attend an annual scholarship banquet and give an acceptance speech outlining her educational and career goals to AAUW members and receive their award. Recipients must agree to allow AAUW Carlisle Branch to use her name, picture, and/or biographical information for publication.