Unlock the door to higher education with the Kao Kalia Yang Scholarship, offered by the Robin-Hwajin Yoon Kim Foundation. This scholarship is designed to support economically-challenged Hmong American youth in pursuing their dreams of higher education. With a total of $25,000 in scholarship awards available, it's an opportunity you don't want to miss.
- Five renewable scholarships of $5,000 each
- Available for high school seniors
- Intended for full-time, degree-seeking students starting college in the Fall
- Blood descendants of Hmong race or ethnically identified as Hmong American (with citizenship or permanent residency)
- High school seniors residing in the United States
- Planning to enroll in a U.S. Accredited 4-Year College/University or Community College as a 1st-year student in Fall (college acceptance letter required if selected)
- Minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 2.8
- Household income at or below the Federal/State/County Low Income Level (tax return required for verification)
- Open to students pursuing all majors
- Ensure you meet all eligibility criteria.
- Complete the scholarship application.
- Submit the required documents, including the application form, recommender form, high school transcript, and be prepared for an online interview if selected as a finalist.
- Stay tuned for updates on application deadlines and notifications.
The scholarship awards will only be used to cover the cost of attending a University or college. What is considered cost of attendance varies by institution. All materials must be received by 11:59PM on April 15th. Anything received after that date and time will not be considered, regardless of postmark.