The CNY STEM Scholarship Program was designed in conjunction with Partners for Education & Business (PEB) and the CNY STEM Hub, to support CNY high school seniors who plan to pursue a college degree in a STEM-related field. Residents of Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, and Tompkins counties are eligible to apply and preference is given to those attending a NYS higher education institution. The program is administered by PEB and the CNY STEM Hub.
- Designed to support CNY high school seniors pursuing STEM-related college degrees.
- Based on academic achievements, extracurricular activities, essay, and interview.
- Multiple scholarships available with varying amounts and internship opportunities.
- Open to residents of Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, and Tompkins counties.
- Preference given to applicants attending New York State higher education institutions.
- Minimum GPA requirement of 85 or higher.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders/Permanent residents (check individual scholarship criteria for eligibility).
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, including residency, GPA, and citizenship requirements.
- Prepare the following information: parent/guardian name and email, list of extracurricular activities with dates, and list of honors/awards with dates.
- Submit your application by the deadline of March 15.
These scholarships are designed to support the best and brightest students in the Central New York Region in their quest to pursue STEM fields in college. The scholarships are based on applicants' academic achievements and extracurricular activities, as well as the essay and an interview. Each scholarship provides financial assistance in varying amounts and an internship. Applicants can only be awarded one scholarship that includes an internship.