The Child Development Division College Coursework Scholarship was created to improve the quality of early childhood and after-school child development services through the education of the adults who provide these services. Funding for this scholarship is supplied by the Federal Child Care and Development Block Grant, the Head Start State Collaboration Grant, and the state
of Vermont general funds. Please note that the state of Vermont, Child Development Division is required to ensure that your worksite is in good regulatory standing prior to awarding this scholarship. Applications may be considered AFTER the postmark deadline at the discretion of the Child Development Division.
• Be employed for a minimum of six months by a Vermont-regulated child care facility not
operated by a public school, OR be employed for at least six months early intervention in
Vermont, providing services in settings that include regulated child care facilities
• Seek college coursework that is related to one or more of the following core areas of knowledge
regarding early childhood and school age children: child development (including special
needs), family and community, teaching and learning, professionalism and program organization, and/or health and safety (including mental health)
• Demonstrate commitment to remain in the child care field for a minimum of one year following course completion
• Demonstrate financial need
• Demonstrate academic achievement
For more information and to download the Scholarships booklet, please visit: http://services.vsac.org/ilwwcm/connect/VSAC/Pay+f...