The IWEA Clean Water Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity aimed at supporting students on their path towards careers in the water environment sector. Every year, IWEA may grant up to two scholarships, each valued at up to $1,000. The scholarship recipients will be publicly announced during IWEA's Annual Conference, traditionally held in March, and the awarded funds will be applied to the upcoming academic year.
- IWEA offers scholarships of up to $1,000 each year.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced at IWEA's Annual Conference, typically held in March.
- The scholarship funds will be applied to the next academic year, easing the financial burden of education.
- Applicants must be Illinois residents or enrolled in an accredited Illinois college or university.
- Students should have completed a minimum of two years of their undergraduate education when applying, and graduate students are also encouraged to apply.
- A cumulative college GPA of at least 2.5 is required.
- Eligible students must be full-time students pursuing a degree in a water-related field of study, such as civil or environmental engineering, environmental science, or wastewater systems operation.
- All applicants are requested to use the provided online application form.
- The application process involves attaching essential documents, including a resume, an essay or personal statement, a reference letter, and transcripts. Please ensure all documents are in PDF format.
- Official transcripts are not required; unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- We recommend reviewing the detailed application instructions before completing the online application.
IWEA asks that all applicants use our on line application form. The application asks you to attach a copy of your resume, an essay/personnel statement, a reference letter, and your transcripts. Please submit these documents in PDF format. It is not necessary for the transcripts to be "official" transcripts. You may want to read through the detailed instructions before completing the on-line application.