NHA created the Past Chairs’ Legacy Scholarship in 2008 to encourage students to consider becoming part of the U.S. waterpower industry. Our growing industry has professionals in many different fields, including engineering, IT, biology, environmental sciences, forestry, hydrology, animal sciences, management, financial services, communications, and other areas. Many companies also offer high-paying skilled labor and technical positions.
- Scholarship Amount: $2,500
- Supports students pursuing careers in the waterpower industry
- Open to current college sophomores or juniors who will be college juniors or seniors starting in fall or graduate students
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for undergraduates
- Equivalent GPA requirement for students at accredited vocational-technical schools or programs
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or legal residents
- Pursuing a program of study related to the waterpower industry, including Engineering, sciences (biology, fisheries, hydrology), communications, or environmental studies
- Prepare necessary application materials
- Submit your application by the specified deadline
- Applications are evaluated based on academic skills and commitment to the waterpower industry
NHA encourages industry companies to distribute information about the scholarship program to their employees, alma maters, local universities, trade schools, and community colleges. If you know of a deserving student, please forward the application materials.