PRAXIS by Leaderology seeks to close institutionally upheld opportunity gaps by providing an all-encompassing scholarship, internship, and leadership development training program.
PRAXIS participants will receive:
• Financial support through access to a $2,500 scholarship award
• Work Experience through a Paid Internship at Leaderology or at one of our Corporate Partners in Orange County (6–8-week Internship in the summer of 2021)
• Competitive skills development through participation and certification in our PRAXIS Leadership Development Program
• Individual mentoring support from an experienced Leaderology leader
Applicants to the Praxis by Leaderology Scholarship Program must:
• Be a current college sophomore or junior residing in Orange County or Long Beach.
• Self-identify as American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, or Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
• Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year
• Be able to take part in a paid 2021 summer internship in Southern California at a selected top-tier corporation. • • Ability to travel daily required.
If selected, recipients will receive a $2500 scholarship, placement at a paid internship in an Orange County, CA based organization, and access to leadership development training. 4 scholarship awards will be granted.
Awards are for undergraduate study only. Recipients must complete a paid internship in Southern California in June – August to receive the award.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, unusual personal or family circumstances, a statement of how the applicant has exemplified fearless authentic leadership and an online recommendation.
Financial need is not considered. Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Leaderology play a part in the selection. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Leaderology is the facilitator of the leadership development program, internship, and individual mentoring support.